BGE Digital Limited are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ico):
Registration Number : ZA354787
When you visit our websites or use our services, we collect personal data. The ways we collect it can be broadly categorised into the following:
Information you provide to us directly: When you visit or use some parts of our websites and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us. For example, we ask for your contact information when you request a quotation, respond to a job application or an email offer, participate in community forums, join us on social media, take part in training and events, contact us with questions or request support. If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our websites or services.
Information we get from third parties: The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials. We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, in order to better inform, personalise and improve our services, and to validate the personal data you provide.
Where we collect personal data, we’ll only process it:
• to perform a contract with you, or
• where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights, or
• in accordance with a legal obligation, or
• where we have your consent.
If we don’t collect your personal data, we may be unable to provide you with all our services, and some functions and features on our websites may not be available to you.
The data provided by you that we hold includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Personal / Company Information
•Name, address and contact details; legal ownership and registration details; trading premises; company background, company activity; personal data forms of directors/shareholder etc
Contact Information (for businesses and suppliers)
• Contact name, job title, business address, business phone number/mobile number/email address
Contact Information (for homeowners etc)
• Contact name, relationship to customer (if not main customer), address, phone number/mobile number/email address
History of contact (customers and suppliers)
• Details of quotations provided to you / by you
• Details of works (goods and services) undertaken for you / by you
• Summary of phone calls (calls are not recorded but are logged) with you
• Email correspondence
First and foremost, we use your personal data to operate our websites and provide you with any services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
To communicate with you. This may include:
• providing you with information you’ve requested from us (like training or education materials) or information we are required to send to you
• operational communications, like changes to our websites and services, security updates, or assistance with using our websites and services
• marketing communications in accordance with your marketing preferences
• asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting (which we may engage a third party to assist with).
To support you: This may include assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the websites or services, whether by telephone, SMS, email, in-app support or otherwise.
To enhance our websites and services: For example, by tracking and monitoring your use of websites and services so we can keep improving, or by carrying out technical analysis of our websites and services so that we can optimise your user experience and provide you with more efficient tools.
We may be asked to disclose your information without your consent if we are required to comply with a legal obligation (e.g. a police investigation). For more information on lawful bases for processing, please follow this link to the Information Commissioner’s Office website:
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
It’s your personal data and you have certain rights relating to it. When it comes to marketing communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication, or send your request by email using our contact us form.
You also have rights to:
• know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date
• request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it
• object to our continued processing of your personal data
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending us an email via our contact us form.
If you’re not happy with how we are processing your personal data, please let us know by sending us an email via our contact us form. We will review and investigate your complaint and try to get back to you within a reasonable time frame. You can also complain to your local data protection authority. They will be able to advise you how to submit a complaint.