Calling all experienced Fire & Security Service Engineers. BGE Digital are hiring and we want to hear from you today!
We’re one of the leading independent Fire and Security companies in Essex and due to significant growth we’re expanding our service division.
We’re specifically looking for a highly skilled Service and Small Works Engineer to join our dedicated and talented service team. So if you have considerable fire and security systems experience and want to make a difference in the service industry this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Location: Chelmsford, Essex plus Kent, London with the potential for working overseas .
Salary: up to £30,000 pa DOE + Benefits
· Company vehicle
· Company laptop
· Company Pension
· Company phone or contribution towards
You will be expected to service and maintain security and fire systems and associated technologies. To liaise with the customer and end users and provide instruction and training to the same. To liaise and report back to office and administrative staff. To install small systems or additions to systems, configure, test and handover. To be ‘on call’ on a rota-basis. During quieter periods, assist the installation team.
Reports to: Service Manager
Responsible for: Junior Engineers, Apprentices, Contractor Engineers
The main job tasks involve the following but are not limited to those listed. BGE Digital may ask for reasonable additional tasks to be carried out to support the business:
1. Routine service of equipment
2. Fault finding, investigation and repair of equipment
3. Configuration/commissioning of equipment
4. Providing support, guidance, advice and training to other Engineers
5. Review of system design before commencement of works
6. Kitting up jobs and checking / testing of equipment at the office
7. Installation including containment, cabling and kit
8. Liaison with office and administrative staff
9. Attendance at training courses
10. Liaison with clients
11. Handover of systems to clients including training
12. Site surveys
13. Creation and/or completion of necessary documentation
14. Completion of timesheets
Education, training and qualifications (ESSENTIAL)
- Minimum GCSE level grade A-C (or equivalent) in mathematics, science and English
- Qualification in security systems such as BTEC Level 3 (Advanced) CCTV
- VQ or equivalent in Engineering
Skills and knowledge (ESSENTIAL)
- Computer literate
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel
- Able to physically install security systems and use knowledge to work out solutions to installation and configuration issues in addition to faults
- Knowledge and working experience of Alarm Master or other similar software packages
- Proven service experience
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar role
Personal attributes (ESSENTIAL)
- Smart and well-presented team player
- Polite and courteous (both verbally and written)
- Able to use own initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Able to take the lead whilst maintaining the respect of team players
- Excellent ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to learn
- Wants to progress own understanding of the technologies employed
Given the nature of the role candidates MUST hold a full UK driving licence. The company is based in Essex but this role is field based and may involve nights away.
Due to the strict nature of our business all staff must pass various security clearance tests with Police forces, schools and other organisations as and when required. This is in addition to our commitment to BS7858:2012 security vetting. Many of the security checks are carried out by third parties including Police Forces and other Government organisations.
BGE Digital formed in 2011 with a mission to be different, to be better and to improve the way security services are offered, installed and maintained in the industry.
We’re forward-thinking and we’re innovative. We recognised the security industry was at a tipping point changing from almost entirely analogue systems over to digital solutions and that technological advancement is continuous and inevitable. In response we have proactively positioned ourselves ahead of our competition by investing in the necessary expertise, latest technologies and digital processes from the outset.
We operate to extremely high standards delivering cutting edge system solutions to commercial, domestic and public service sectors. We’re customer focused with technological design, simplicity and usability at the heart of everything we do.
We’ll provide you with a fantastic work environment that enthusiastically encourages innovation, problem solving and autonomy. We invest in our employees through systematic training and development so if you’re interested in joining a company that uses the best practices to the highest ethical standards using the best technology in the market place, then apply today.
Closing date for applications is 31st October 2019.
*Please note, we regret we can only accept applications from persons authorised to work within the UK and whilst we do our best to reply to all candidates, we cannot guarantee this due to the high number of applications we may receive. If you do not hear from us within 7 days from the closing date, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.